Allows a question grid to be created whereby each row is a question and the columns are the available options.
- Presentation order of options (answers) should allow:
- Display order as entered in the editor
- Alphabetic - automatic by Rogo
- Random - randomly shuffled at display time
Two basic marking methods are possible:
|Mark per Option||The question is marked out of the number of correct options.|
|Mark per Question||All options have to be correctly answered for the mark|
In either marking method academic staff should be able to specify the number of marks to award if correct and the number (possibly negative) if wrong. Marks correct should range from 1 to 20 and marks incorrect from 0 to -10 with the addition of -0.25 and -0.5.
- Tick/Cross show what the student has got right/wrong
- Green cell background shows the correct answers
- Student mark out of possible number.
- Textual feedback is available for the question as a whole (not individual options)
- If standard setting has been used this should be displayed
- List of learning objectives that the question is linked to
After a question has locked it should only be possible to change the following aspects:
- Correct answers
- Number of marks if correct
- Number of marks if wrong
- General feedback
- Bloom's Taxonomy
- Mark per question:
- There is one rating for the whole question.
- Mark per option:
- There are ratings for each available mark.
The correct answer is stored in the 'correct' field in the options table. | symbols separate each answer. The contents of 'correct' are the same for all the records in options. There should be as many records in options as there are rows in the matrix. Numbering starts at 1 for the first column.
Student answers are stored in the 'user_answer' field within the relevant log table. The | symbol is used to separate answers for different rows. Unlike, Extended Matching, there is no initial | symbol so when exploding the first row is in array element zero. If a student leaves an answer blank nothing is stored (no 'u' character).